Some of webmasters may want to remove category base from wordpress urls. Example:
From “http://www.adminblog.com/category/tips/” to “http://www.adminblog.com/tips/”
The “/category/” will be removed. So you can access your categories with shorter urls without “category” word. You can do that manually by adding new redirect rules to .htaccess but WordPress already has a plugin which will help you.
Name of that plugin is: WP No Category Base
Wp No Category Base Features :
- Better and logical permalinks like
- Simple plugin – barely adds any overhead.
- Works out of the box – no setup needed.
- No need to modify wordpress files.
- Doesn’t require other plugins to work.
- Compatible with sitemap plugins.
- Compatible with WPML.
- Works with multiple sub-categories.
- Works with WordPress Multisite.
- Redirects old category permalinks to the new ones (301 redirect, good for SEO).